NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Over 220,000 people hold a NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. Why? Because it’s the gold standard in health and safety qualifications.
Thousands of leading experts and organisations have helped us update the most widely respected health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. This means that it’s designed to reflect the needs of today’s employer giving learners everything they need to know and do to make their workplace safer.
Relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate will give you invaluable knowledge and skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your current role and your long-term career.
The qualification is:
- Relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH National General Certificate covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- NG1 – An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- NG2 – A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English