Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace 2 day
Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK are likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Mental health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our own physical health, many people don’t know how to support relatives, friends and even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health.
What’s covered on this course?
- Understanding mental health and it’s importance
- The roles and responsibilities for mental health in the workplace
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Common mental health conditions, including:
- Characteristics and features
- Work related stress
- Eating Disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work or returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
Please call 0141 562 9125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this course