Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Would you know what to do if you saw a child in need of first aid?
Having a good understanding of emergency paediatric first aid is incredibly important for the safety of children and it could mean the difference between life and death.
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) qualification has been designed in-line with the current Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who cares for infants and children, such as parents, guardians, grandparents or those who have an involvement with infants and children and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Successful candidates will learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency paediatric first aider, and will be equipped with the skills needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, such as performing CPR and controlling external bleeding.
Be Prepared QA Level 3 Award in Certificate valid for 3 years Ofqual regulated 1 day course Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) Qualsafe Awards Call: Email: Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
What’s covered in this course?
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Minor injuries
- Bites and Stings
- External bleeding
- Hypovolaemic shock