The MaxSafe, Abrasive Wheels Awareness Course is intended to give all levels of staff the information and training they need to make sure that they are aware of current health and safety requirements to prevent injury to themselves as required by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER). Abrasive wheels can cause serious injury and it is important that staff who do not regularly use them are still aware of the dangers inherent in their use.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of theoretical knowledge in terms of work equipment safety
- Show an appropriate appreciation of the importance of equipment safety
- Follow safe operating procedures to a high level of competence
- Understand regulations relating to machine safety
- Understand the principals of machine maintenance
This course is delivered over a ½ day through a combination of classroom teaching, practical exercises, discussion and PowerPoint presentation.
Who is this for?
This course is intended for anyone who may be required to work with abrasive wheels through the course of their work activities. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance. We recommend this course is refreshed every 3 years.
- Explanation of the legal requirements governing abrasive wheels
- Understanding good machine safety
- Avoidance of injuries
- Recognition of potentially dangerous abrasive wheels operations
- Safe use of machines
- Cutting and Grinding disc mounting
- Selecting discs
½ day (This course can be delivered as a morning session (09:00-12:00) or an afternoon session (13:00 – 16:00).
Delegates who successfully complete this course will receive an in-house MaxSafe certificate.